KontroLIR - Arduino compatible IR remote control
KontroLIR – 100% Arduino compatible IR remote Control, with optional extras
work in progress DO NOT USE AS A REFERENCE YET!!!!
Where To Purchase
KontroLIR is available in our store and can be purchased via Buy KontroLIR.
KontroLIR is available as a complete base unit. In addition, there are several optional add-ons available: Serial USB adapter; I2C EEPROM 16KBytes+; IR receiver & IR Learner pair. There is also a fully loaded version available with all add-ons included.
The KontroLIR data sheet can be found by clicking here
KontroLIR, can be used in the following:
- A full customized remote control, using Arduino
- Clone an existing collection of remotes, exactly how you want it
- Restrict usage for certain groups: children, seniors, Hotel Guests, public areas, company equipment.
- Add custom macros, passwords.
- Comes with example firmware for 5 devices & 225 signals, which can be easily expanded to many more.
- Combine TV, STB, DVR, Media Center, Lights, Fans, LEDs, Toys, Air Conditioners - all on the same remote.
- Offer a custom remote as-a-service to 3rd parties.
- As a development, prototyping or proof of concept platform for companies designing their own remotes, before committing to a large production run.
- As a platform for projects in schools & universities or as a practical Arduino related training aid.
- ...any many more situations
The possibilities are endless.
KontrolIR Pin Outs
Details are available here: KontrolIR Pin Outs
Oscillator Clock Rate Selection
Details are available here: Oscillator Clock Rate
Details are available here: Getting Started
Uploading the Firmware
Details are available here: Uploading the Firmware
Customizing the Firmware
Details are available here: Customizing the Firmware
Low Power Configuration
Details are available here: Low Power Configuration
Using KontroLIR with AnalysIR
Details are available here: Use with AnalysIR
If you need additional support please open a new issue in our IRforum - under Products:Support Requests.
- There is a topic not covered here or
- You would like us to add some more information or
- You have a tip to add or
- you have noticed a mistake
then let us know via the contact page