A.IR Shield Nano RPi Python script
The A.IR Shield Nano is a versatile IR tranceiver built on top of the Arduino Nano. It connects to a PC via the included serialUSB port connector and features advanced IR circuitry for sending & receiving IR signals. It can also record the IR carrier frequency with every signal.
This page describes an example PYTHON (2.7) scripts for using the shield on the RPi via HTTP POST requests. The script can alos be used on any LINUX system along with windows, subject ot PYTHON compatability.
About the A.IR Shield Nano
This is described elsewhere as follows:
- Detailed information is available in the Data Sheet
- and also on our on-line shop where you Buy the A.IR Shield Nano by clicking here
About the Script
The script source code, is only available to those who have purchased a shield. Just email for the download link. You will require PYTHON 2.7 to run the script and it should be intalled on your RPi or other platform. We are happy to provide sript specific support, but you should be prepared to troubleshoot your PYTHON & RPi installation by yourself.
We have tested using an RPi running the latest Jesse updates as of Nov 2017. It should also run on other PYTHON 2.7 platforms (Linux, Windows, OSX etc.) with little or no adjustments. The script assumes the use of AnalysIR to accept received signals. In this context AnalysIR can be replaced by any other properly configured HTTP server. Signals ca nbe sent from any HTTP POST, which can be sent from any loaction or platform.
Running the Script
The script should be executed as follows: python servAIR.py 9449 where:
- python - starts a python process to run the script
- servAIR.py - is the name of the script and is located in your active directory.
- 9449 - is the port number to use for communications & ideally should be the same number that you use for AnalysIR.
- Experienced users will be able to run from other locations, force running in the background(python servAIR.py 9449 &) and pipe script output to a log file.
Stop the Script running
The best way to stop the script is to issue the following request via a web browser or CURL
(Change the IP Address & port number to match your own configuration. Experienced users may want to add in support for a password on this command)
Is it free to use the script in my own project?
Yes, there are no restrictions on using the script on your own commercial or hobby(non-commercial) projects, provided it is used together with an official A.IR shield purchased from AnalysIR or an authorised re-seller/agent. For other uses please contact us directly. We always appreciate when users provide a link back to our site.